Wednesday, August 08, 2007

clinical placement

I have been doing those packing and unpacking jobs since before i moved and also after moved. It is so difficult to do the unpacking especially when you are moving from a big house to a small house. I had to throw so many things away because I really do not have enough space to keep them with me. About 80% of cleaning up has been done since Jing left. Another 20% is still waiting for me at the corner. Sometimes, I just thought of throwing everything away so that I do not have to do so many things.

Venues for clinical placement were out on Monday. I was lucky that I got a DEU rather than block. Doing a block placement means I have to stay Adelaide until 21st December. So 1 whole month of holiday is gone doing placement. Although I got a DEU(starting in next 3 weeks until a week before exam), I was one of the bad luck ones because I was sent to Gawler, which is a semi-rural hospital, ~50km from Adelaide, and the only public transport is by train. It is too far until no bus services there. How great it is... My early shift starts at 6:45am and the earliest train reaches the station at 6:59am. By the time I walk to the hospital, I guess the time will be around 7:15am and confirm that I'll miss the handover time. The clinical placement administrator said I can just tell my Principle Academic that I will be late. But the thing is I do not want to miss handover because that is the time where you will get most of the information of the patients. Otherwise I will be lost when taking care of my patients not knowing what is exactly happening to them. And that could possibly lead to a failure in this topic. I tried to put a message on the topic's forum to see if there is anyone that can swap with me. It was posted up on Tuesday but until today still no reply. It is too far, I know. I actaully do not mind doing rural placement, I think I will enjoy it. It is just the distance and transport problem. It takes one hour by train to reach there. Just thinking of going up twice a week makes me feel sick.

The aunty in my workplace actually offered to let me stay in her place and drive her car to Gawler since she is staying in Mawsons Lake. How nice of her... but I have not been driving for 3 years+ Then she said I can catch bus to Elizabeth and change bus to Gawler. I feel bad disturbing her because I will be waking up early in the morning. But if I have no choice, that is my last resort. Sigh~~~

0 milked:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com